Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My daughter and I went to the most wonderful little shabby chic shop (Gracie Mae's) in Kilgore, Texas. Suddenly, I had the bug and all those treasures that I have held on to for years came into full focus. Now, I know why I kept them, even though they have been so worn with time.

I called a friend who loves to go to garage sales. I told him to keep his eye out for old drawers and windows. The first day, he showed up with several old windows and many wooden drawers. At first glance, I couldn't imagine what I would use the drawers for, as they were not the old wooden drawers I had envisioned. I had planned to paint, sand, stain and put legs on them for trays. These drawers came from fairly modern desks. Upon closer inspection, I decided to take the fronts and make holiday wall hangings. I can't wait to get started on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment