Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Here I am again

This summer, between the drought, 100+ temperatures, and wildfires, my work has almost come to a halt. Today, we are hearing of a tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico that may bring us rain in a week or less, and the temperatures are pleasant. It appears the wildfires are being brought under control.

I have been working on shabbying my furniture pieces. My painter friend is so far ahead of me. He has the base coat on almost every piece.

Our plans for our first Vintage Marketplace, on November 19th, are well underway. What started out to be a small sale, has grown by leaps and bounds. We have added entertainment and an old time food vendor to the mix.

Now, if the wind will lay, so I can get some work done, we should have a wonderful sale. Starting in the next week or so, we plan to start posting some of the goodies we will be offering. The "junk jewelry and re-designed rags" are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment