Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting spring fever....

When the daffodils start blooming and the peach tree buds, spring fever takes hold. I know soon to follow will be the excitement of getting ready for our spring vintage barnhouse sale. This year, I had hopes that my daughters would take over the hard part and let me just kick back and enjoy. However, they have young families and are very busy this time of year, so looks as if it will be my "baby" once again. I try to think I am too tired to get 'er done, then I think of a 72 year old lady that brought an old town back to life. I can still see her in one of the old abandoned buildings,sitting on the steps and scrubbing pigeon poop from them, while she explained her dream for the old building and the practically abandoned town. I am not sure she lived to see it all come together, but I know she saw some of it. When I think of this, I know I can still get 'er done.

Just got to start by dragging everything out of storage and getting a plan going. We have had several inquiries about joining us. One lady that has inquired is what we refer to as the "cream of the crop". I am so excited that she will join us.

Now, if our Texas spring will continue, even though a little early this year, I will be able to start some projects. hope you will check back to see what we will have to offer at the barn sale.

1 comment: