Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So many projects....so little time.

My daughters and I have started re-purposing old pieces for our fall Barn Sale. It should be great. While I love to re-purpose old wood pieces, making them look very primitive or shabby chic, my daughters like to make the softer side like lamp shades, pillows, journals, and shabby chic flowers.

My daughter, Renee', and I have been practicing paint techniques. Here are some of the results. I suppose it is a matter of personal preference.

Some of these things were from the pine country era. We were just trying to see what the outcome would be on each kind of wood. The fern stand looks better in real life.

This last weekend, I visited several of the local junk stores. One of the gentlemen loaded the truck down with what I call "architectural pieces".  He said he couldn't use them and was so happy to give them to someone that would re-purpose the wood.

Now, I just have to convince my hubby that the legs have to be removed and cut to fit other pieces.


Hopefully, I will soon be able to post pictures of the Early American end table that I bought for next to nothing. It turned out to be one of my favorite finds. So, something in our house will have to go to make room for it. Hubby says that I will have nothing for the Barn Sale, as it will all be in our house.

I just love re-purposed junk.






No comments:

Post a Comment