Friday, July 15, 2011

Back to blogging

I had a family research project come along. I researched and completed twenty books. Loved every minute of it. But, I haven't had time to work on my painting and re-purposing projects. Now, I want to get back to blogging and painting for the remainder of summer.


The days are reaching 100+ everyday. It is much too hot to go outside and paint. A friend took pity on me and brought his paint equipment over yesterday. Within a few minutes, he had the base coat on five pieces that I am trying to get ready for our barn sale. Not only did he do that, he taught me how to use the paint and sanding equipment he had. I just thought I had the latest thing out. Off to Home Depot for what I need to get the job done. With the new paint equipment, I will have a base coat on everything when fall arrives. Looks like the barn sale is on again.


I was beginning to wonder if the daughters and I would be ready by October 1st. One of my daughters is  re-purposing old clothing. However, if she doesn't quit showing the pieces to family and friends, she will have none for the barn sale.They buy it as fast as she can make it. I am so hoping to have some of it for the sale.


Gotta' get going on today's project, before it gets too hot. My niece just called and has found more furniture to re-purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment